How to Enroll
The goal of the enrollment process is to place every student into a Writing Seminar reflecting his or her scholarly interests. To enroll, just follow the steps below. Please refer to the Fall or Spring enrollment schedule for specific dates and times.
- Term Assignment: You'll be notified of your term assignment (Fall or Spring) by the beginning of August. If you have questions, contact the Writing Program at email@example.com or (609) 258-2702.
- Advising: You'll meet with your academic advisor to determine every course in your schedule except the Writing Seminar. Once you've completed your TigerHub enrollment for your other courses, you'll know what times you have available to take a Writing Seminar, and what times you do not.
- Seminar Selection: Identify your top 8 Writing Seminar choices by browsing through the online catalog of Fall or Spring offerings. To increase your chances of being assigned to one of your preferences, choose seminars that meet at a range of times, including morning and evening. Be sure to keep in mind your extracurricular commitments, and eliminate any Writing Seminar that conflicts with your preexisting schedule.
- Enrollment: Rank your top 8 choices online at any time during the enrollment period. You may access the enrollment website from the Princeton Writing Program's home page. See the Fall or Spring enrollment schedule for specific dates and times. Please note that you may rank no more and no fewer than 8 choices. Note, too, that the enrollment system is not first come, first served. As long as you enroll sometime during the enrollment period, your chance of receiving one of your top choices is as good as everyone else's. You may change your enrollment preferences any time during the enrollment period by visiting the Writing Program website, clicking on “Enroll in a Writing Seminar,” and entering your revised preferences. The new set will overwrite the old.
- Seminar Assignment: You'll receive notification of your Writing Seminar assignment by email. If you don't receive notification, contact the Writing Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 258-2702.
- Classes Begin: When you receive your Writing Seminar assignment, you will also be notified when and where your seminar meets. Please note that there is no add/drop period for Writing Seminars.
Requesting A Term Assignment Change
If you have a compelling reason for wanting to change your term assignment from Fall to Spring or vice versa, you must fill out an online request form, which will be available on the Princeton Writing Program website at the appropriate times (see the Fall or Spring enrollment schedule). Please be advised that space is limited and not every request can be accommodated.
After being assigned to a Writing Seminar and before classes begin, you may request to switch into another Writing Seminar by filling out an online request form. The form will be available on the Princeton Writing Program website at the appropriate times (see the Fall or Spring enrollment schedule). Please be advised that space is limited and not every request can be accommodated.
Consequences of Not Enrolling in a Writing Seminar
If you fail to rank your top 8 choices online during the enrollment period, you will be placed in a Writing Seminar with open spaces, regardless of topic. To encourage you to enroll on time, the Princeton Writing Program will send you reminder emails during the enrollment period.